- 5g jar (.18oz)
- Very fine, soft hair fibers for creating peach fuzz on checks and forehead. These hairs works great for creating the appearance of a more full head of hair when rooting
- Each color sold separately
Instructions for applying lanugo hair
Before applying the tiny fibers to make baby peach fuzz (lanugo), please complete the doll kit reborning process with all vinyl parts (including head with eyes, hair, paint, final sealant). Lanugo is ready to apply once all of the vinyl part(s) have had heir final seal.
To apply the lanugo, follow these instructions carefully and in numerical order
- Get a small sponge, we recommend a wedge sponge, and lightly dip in the sealer (same sealer used throughout the reborn process). A pply a light coat ONLY to the area(s) where the lanugo is to be applied. (Wipe off access to prevent unwanted hairs)
- Using a fine brush, we suggest a small fan brush for this step, pick up a very small amount of hair fibers with the brush.
- Test and/or practice first! Take a sheet of white paper to see how much hair falls when you shake the brush you are using to apply the lanugo. Too much falling, use less, not enough, use more. To see how it shakes or blows onto the sealer, just sponge some of the sealer onto paper and test. Practice and when done, the unused hair fibers can be returned to the original container by gently folding the paper in half, tipping it a bit and letting the hairs slide back into the jar.
- Final Step to apply lanugo - Gently shake or blow the hair fibers in the direction you want them to fall. ONLY use a minute amount of hairs on the brush. DO NOT add too many. Less is better. Add more, only if needed. Once the lanugo is applied, air dry or bake (per usual directions) to seal the lanugo in place. Done!